Am I really trusting in God’s goodness?

As I sit curled up in a comfy chair with a breve latte within grasp and the sound of pouring rain on the roof, I want to write something encouraging and inspiring to you, my dear friends.

Yet, if I am honest (and that is the point here), I am tired.

Y’all, I am so tired.

I try to be intentional about the yesses (I had to Google if that was the correct plural of the word “yes” even though I have a degree in English) I offer these days. I used to say yes to EVERYTHING and EVERYONE, but I try to remember that each “yes” brings many other “noes” along with it.

I want to be intentional with the time and gifting the Lord has entrusted to me. I feel called by Him to do several things, all at the same time, and I am overwhelmed.

I sit here, praying and thinking, “why am I overwhelmed if I am following His will over my life? Why am I so tired?”

It all comes down to trust, I think.

I SAY I’m trusting in Him.

Yet, am I?

Am I really trusting in Him to provide the path and the means?

I lived so much of my life (45 years, to be exact), NOT trusting in His goodness and sovereignty that it’s still pretty new to give it all to Him.

If I believe He has called me to these things (and I do) then I NEED to trust Him to get me through them. Click To Tweet My go to action should be to immediately see what His word says about trusting in Him.

Well it says A LOT!

He tells us that He gives us strength when we are weary.

He tells us to trust in Him and not to depend on our own knowledge.

That’s where my struggle lies.

I’ve been so busy trying to do good things for the Lord that I haven’t relied on HIM to make them happen!

I’ve tried to grab it all and run with it on my own strength and wisdom.

Well, let me tell you, outside of God's influence, I am not that wise or strong! Click To Tweet

I’m going to CHOOSE trusting in His goodness and wisdom today.

I’m going to lean into Him in my weariness instead of trying to do All. The. Things on my own.

How can you trust in Him more today?

Do you have any verses that help you when this struggle enters your life? If so, please share them in the comments or on one of the feeds on Facebook or Twitter.

I’d love to hear from you!

Photo by Abbie Bernet on Unsplash

• Lacy Ngo March 29, 2018 at 2:30 pm Reply

Sometimes it is hard to trust completley in the mist of pain. But God never leaves me even when I lack trust. Over and over God is there for me. It is so hard to give up control though, isn’t it?

• AlyndaLong March 29, 2018 at 2:49 pm Reply

Lacy, thank you so much for sharing! Yes, it always feels hard to give it up, yet so freeing once the decision has been made. Blessings to you!

• Hannah Drilon March 29, 2018 at 5:48 pm Reply

My go to verse whenever I feel tired and weary is Lamentations 3:22-23 . It always reminds me of God’s goodness whenever, wherever!

• AlyndaLong March 29, 2018 at 8:27 pm Reply

Hannah, thank you so much for sharing your verse with me!I love how it spurs you on!

• Ashley March 30, 2018 at 2:00 pm Reply

We all get so consumed in the “trying”. If we give God the reins He will surely sustain us!

• AlyndaLong March 30, 2018 at 2:20 pm Reply

YES, Ashley! We really do wear ourselves out in the “trying”, don’t we? Thanks for that simple, yet powerful reminder!

• Kristin Cook April 3, 2018 at 1:41 pm Reply

I think it’s so important to remember that just because God calls us to something, or just because something is of the Lord, doesn’t mean it will be easy or always run smoothly. Many of the stories in the Bible don’t look like they are running smoothly, and are anything but easy for the people going through it, and yet God is sovereign every step of the way. He works all things together for the good of those who love Him, even when we can’t see it. It is very good that this has taught you to trust Him more. He will carry you through.

• AlyndaLong April 3, 2018 at 2:05 pm Reply

Thank you so much, Kristin! Yes, He will! I just need to remember that His ways ARE higher than my own! Blessings to you!

• Francie April 6, 2018 at 9:24 pm Reply

True words! The struggle is real for all of us; however as I’ve recently learned, the more we let go, the more room it leaves for Him to step into the void and cover us with His grace. 1 Corinthians 2:5

• AlyndaLong April 7, 2018 at 4:21 am Reply

LOVE that so much!!! Love you even more!