Thankful for “Me Time”

alyndalong.com, faithbeyondfear.com

Day Two:

I feel super thankful today because of my husband’s willingness to take over the running of our household this weekend.  Despite a full load of law school studies, he encourages me to spend some “me time”! I’m headed to San Antonio to spend the weekend with a longtime friend. Time spent catching up with one another, shopping, treating ourselves to pedicures, and enjoying the yumminess of San Antonio’s food top our list of anticipated adventures!

Often not stopping to smell the proverbial roses, I tend to stuff my calendar.  It usually fills with activities for my kids and service opportunities at our church or their school. I’ve often felt guilty for any time I used that didn’t directly benefit my family or others, but I’m learning that I am important too. My well-being directly affected those in my sphere of influence. Click To Tweet

A rested, joyful Alynda is a gift to my family.

My first “girls” weekend EVER, I’ve always thought my kids and husband need me 24/7.  I won’t lie and say all the guilt feelings are gone, but I am going to push through them and enjoy some time with a dear girlfriend this weekend!

We all need to take a bit of time to nurture ourselves.

What makes you thankful today? What are you doing to nurture yourself? Click To Tweet

• Jennifer April 6, 2018 at 4:24 pm Reply

Safe travels and enjoy the refreshing time to yourself. You are right! Taking time to for ourselves is tough for moms, but vital for the stability of the family. When Momma’s not happy, NO ONE is! 😘

• AlyndaLong April 6, 2018 at 6:49 pm Reply

You speak truth, my friend! Blessings to you this weekend!

• flowconyoliz April 6, 2018 at 7:08 pm Reply

I LOVED your authenticity! Thank you so much for sharing that and I’m glad you chose to spend time away to pamper yourself and have “me time” which is always needed. It’s so hard to do these “simple” thins as a women. I feel like we always want to take control of things, but we forget about our needs through it. God bless your family! ❤️

• AlyndaLong April 6, 2018 at 7:12 pm Reply

Thank you so much! Yes, I definitely struggle with Controlling. All. The. Things! Blessings to you and yours!

• Mary Felkins April 6, 2018 at 9:47 pm Reply

I’ve struggled with this as well. Until, yet again, I read of Jesus going up on a mountain (or wherever) to be alone with God. Thanks for sharing. Short, powerful, and sweet words

• AlyndaLong April 7, 2018 at 4:23 am Reply

YES! I was thinking of Jesus going off to pray alone today on my drive down to San Antonio. Blessings to you!