How to Combat Weariness

Don't Grow Weary

Do you ever have moments when the enemy whispers his lies into your life?

A moment where he says you do too much?

You try too hard?

It’s not worth it?

As I was driving this morning, I felt overwhelmed by the weight of life. I could feel life’s frustrations bubbling up inside me and the enemy stirred anger and bitterness in my core.

“Why do YOU have to do this?”

“Why are YOU always the one?”

“What about so-and-so? What are THEY doing?”

As words of hostility fought their way up my throat and into my mouth, the Holy Spirit said, “STOP!”

“Stop!”

“Recall My word, my daughter!”

“Remember not to grow weary! Remember, I have a plan for your life!”

“You are MINE, chosen daughter.”

“Remember My love!”

I took a deep breath and let the word of God pour over me.

Galatians 6:9 says, “And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.”

Let us not grow weary!

Words written almost two thousand years ago have such immediate relevance to my life right here, right now. We can get tired. We can need rest, but weariness steals our joy. Weariness weighs us down and whispers the enemy’s lies in our ears.

Let us NOT grow weary. Let us pour out our hearts to the Lord. We may not have the energy, but HE DOES! Click To Tweet

Let’s allow Him to sustain us in the exhaustion of our days.

The Holy Spirit told me, “Keep going! I will sustain you, my daughter!”

Paul tells us in Philippians 3:14, “I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”

Philippians, press onward

The goal is not MINE!

The things I do are not for ME or even for my family, but for the call of God in Christ Jesus!

If I keep my focus on the goal and I continue to press onward, the Lord will use His for His glory and the good of His people.

His plans are good, my friends. They are always good. It doesn’t mean that ONLY good will happen in our lives. It means He can and WILL use our struggles for the good of His people.

I choose to go about the rest of my day remembering I’m here to further His kingdom, not mine.

I choose to go about the rest of my day remembering I'm here to further His kingdom, not mine. Click To Tweet

The tasks I’ve been assigned can (and will) glorify Him.

How has the enemy been whispering in your ear?

Which portion of God’s Word lifts you up the most today?

How can you combat the enemy’s lies with God’s truths?

I’d love to pray with and for you, so leave a comment, email, or find me on social media. I’d love to come alongside you and YOU press on and choose not to grow weary.

In His loving name,

Your sister in Christ,

Alynda Long, alyndalong.com, blogger, writer, Christian writer, faithbeyondfear.com

Other articles you might like to read:

Lies the Enemy Tells Series: Who exactly IS the enemy?

Lies of the Enemy: How he twists our view of self

Stuck in the Middle – Three Lies the Enemy Tries to Tell!

• Lauren Lynch April 28, 2018 at 3:51 pm Reply

His kingdom, not mine! (a great reminder 🙂

• AlyndaLong April 28, 2018 at 9:24 pm Reply

Thanks so much, Lauren! I have to remind myself of that fact quite a bit!

• Esther Hosea May 1, 2018 at 6:07 pm Reply

What a wonderful encouragement! I feel like we all need to read this post every Monday… just to revive ourselves to start our week with the right attitude! 🙂
    Thanks so much for sharing this Alynda, it was a great reminder that I needed to hear.

• AlyndaLong May 2, 2018 at 4:26 pm Reply

Thank you so much, Esther! I definitely need the reminder every day! Blessings to you, my friend!

• inkblotsofhope May 1, 2018 at 6:14 pm Reply

Such a good reminder, Alynda to focus on God’s Word when we’re being lied to by the enemy. And I absolutely love the Galatians verse you listed. So good! Thanks for the encouraging words, friend! <3

• AlyndaLong May 2, 2018 at 4:27 pm Reply

Thank you so much, my sister! I love that verse too! Blessings to you!

• Alice Mills May 2, 2018 at 1:15 am Reply

When I grow weary, I remember that He tells me to enter into His rest, that I have to labor to enter into it. And when I do, things go so much better for me.

• AlyndaLong May 2, 2018 at 4:27 pm Reply

Alice, I LOVE that reminder! Things go SO much smoother when we allow His to carry the burden. Releasing that control has always been tricky for me, though. Blessings to you!

• Karen Friday May 26, 2018 at 11:32 am Reply

Love this! And boy is this powerful, “I choose to go about the rest of my day remembering my goal is to further His kingdom, not mine.” Over the last few years the Lord has been teaching me a lot about my kingdom versus praying for His kingdom to come to my life. Because we can spend years building our own kingdom, but they often crumble. Shared on Twitter and followed you there.

• AlyndaLong May 26, 2018 at 11:51 am Reply

Karen, thank you so much for the encouragement! It’s been a tough (ongoing) lesson I’ve learned, but I when I do HIS work, it is almost always more fruitful than when I do my own. Thank you so much for the comment and the share. You are such an encouragement to me!