How Are We Building God’s Temple Today?

1 Chronicles, be courageous, to the work, building His temple

1 Chronicles

This morning, cup of coffee in hand, with an unusually quiet house, I opened my Bible to 1 Chronicles. I must admit that the Chronicles haven’t always been the most intriguing books of the Bible, but something in 1 Chronicles 28:20 caught my eye.

The phrase “Be Courageous” (or a variant) shows up many times throughout God’s word, Old and New Testament alike.

It makes sense. God wants us to have courage in Him.

If we trust in Him then He will light the path.

But another phrase in 1 Chronicles 28:20  caused me to stop…

“Do the work.”

Do the work. Not only are believers to experience courage in God, but we are not to sit idly by while He leads us. We must do whatever work He has for us in our lives. In this passage, David tells his son, Solomon, to build God’s temple.

What work does God have for US TO DO TODAY?

How are we to serve Him well?

He’s called me to write a book showing His glory and redemption.

The Lord calls me to be a wife, mother, and sister in Christ.

He’s called me to serve other hurting women who seek His healing.

Those are big calls and sometimes discouragement sets in.

Sometimes I get tired.

But, He wants to guide me and wants me to do His work.

He wants to sustain me in each day.

He wants to do the same for all believers. That includes you!

What work has He called YOU to do, my friend?

Is God calling you? How is He calling you? How can you serve God?

How has He equipped you to serve His people?

How has He equipped you to serve His people? Click To Tweet

What temple are YOU to build for the Lord?

Encourage one another as we build the temples the Lord has for us.

Love one another well as we serve God’s people.

How may I come alongside you TODAY in prayer and deed to help?

Please message, comment below, or email if I may serve you in your work.

Blessings,

Alynda

• Dana Davis May 2, 2018 at 12:21 pm Reply

You are doing “the work,” and doing it well.

• AlyndaLong May 2, 2018 at 4:28 pm Reply

Oh thank you, dear Dana! I appreciate your encouragement! It’s a daily struggle to stay on task! Blessings, my beautiful friend!

• Donna Miller May 29, 2018 at 9:29 am Reply

You are definitely encouraging me in the Lord! 😘💕 I am a wife, mother and Nana. I also feel Him leading me to encourage other women. We just started our Blog in Sept 2017. God is so good! ❤

• AlyndaLong May 29, 2018 at 9:37 am Reply

Donna, I am so thankful for your comment and your heart! You’ve encouraged me greatly! Being a wife, mother, and Nana are IMPORTANT temple building activities. I think we, as women, often overlook them “just things we need to do”, but they are a CALLING! Blessings to you in all your work, my sister! God is SO GOOD!

• Joleisa May 29, 2018 at 9:57 am Reply

Such a refreshing post to read today. I pray for humility as I do my work for Him. Also for bravery to be able to say that I an representing my Father. I encourage you to continue to brighten the corner where you are and to give of your best in His service. All the very best.
    Jo and Leisa

• AlyndaLong May 29, 2018 at 10:03 am Reply

Jo and Leisa, Thank you for your encouraging comment! Praying over your service to His people. YES, we all need bravery in our faith. Such a great point. I love the imagery of brightening the corner where we are! Thank you for encouraging me today!

• Phoebe May 29, 2018 at 10:45 am Reply

I am focusing my work in my family as a mom. Being a stay at home mom, I know it is my responsibility to teach my son about values and my faith.
    I am a registered nurse but I recently decided to become a SAHM so I can focus on taking care of my son, I pray that we will have the financial stability for this lifestyle.

• AlyndaLong May 29, 2018 at 10:53 am Reply

Phoebe, thank you so much for your comment. Praying alongside you for God’ provision in your decision to stay home with your son. Teaching our children is such a gift and responsibility. Blessings to you and your family!

• Katelyn campos May 29, 2018 at 10:48 am Reply

I’ve honestly never prayed before, but my grandmother is sick and I know she is a big believer. What could I say to her to make her feel better when she is down?

• AlyndaLong May 29, 2018 at 10:57 am Reply

Katelyn, thank you so much for your comment and transparency. What a gift! We never want to be inauthentic with our beliefs, but her knowing you value HER beliefs will probably be a huge encouragement for her. Possibly talking to her about her faith and how you see it in her life would be a good starting point. “Grandma, I know your faith is important to you. How has it encouraged you? How may I encourage you too?” It sounds simple, but knowing the people in my life who don’t share my faith respect my beliefs is a gift to me. If you’d like to discuss faith then I would LOVE to discuss it with you. I LOVE sharing how the Lord has blessed my life and eased my burdens. Feel free to email me or message me on Facebook. Blessings to you and your grandmother!

• Mera May 29, 2018 at 11:15 am Reply

Thanks for sharing that

• AlyndaLong May 29, 2018 at 11:36 am Reply

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. Blessings to you!

• Jackie May 29, 2018 at 8:15 pm Reply

“Do the work.” Yes! I love that!

• AlyndaLong May 29, 2018 at 8:30 pm Reply

Thanks so much for reading and commenting, Jackie! Blessings to you!

• Mag May 29, 2018 at 8:31 pm Reply

A very nice post! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

• AlyndaLong May 29, 2018 at 8:48 pm Reply

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment, Mag!

• Alice Mills May 29, 2018 at 8:58 pm Reply

Just showing up is so crucial to a life of faith!

• AlyndaLong May 29, 2018 at 9:02 pm Reply

Isn’t that the truth, Alice! Sometimes we think we have to do a thousand things when the Lord has one or two things for us! There have been many days/weeks/months where just showing up was the emotional equivalence to the widow giving her last coins. Our Father knows our hearts! Blessings, my sister!

• Dawn May 29, 2018 at 9:00 pm Reply

Thank you for this reminder to do the work. I keep putting one foot in front of the other and even though I feel like I’m walking with a blindfold on, I will continue to be obedient and do the work. Thanks for sharing.

• AlyndaLong May 29, 2018 at 9:03 pm Reply

Dawn, thank you so much for reading and commenting. I hope this was an encouragement to you! Some days feel like we are wading through chest high water, but He is ALWAYS with us! Blessings to you, my sister!

• Mane May 30, 2018 at 6:07 am Reply

I am also a Christian and I believe in all the things that you have written. God bless you for sharing his words 🙂

• AlyndaLong May 30, 2018 at 7:44 am Reply

Mane, thank you so much for reading and commenting. Blessings to you!

• Crisly May 30, 2018 at 12:36 pm Reply

Have courage and do the work applies to every aspect of our lives.
    If we have courage and we are willing to do the work, I believe we can achieve what God’s planned for us to achieve.

• AlyndaLong May 30, 2018 at 6:24 pm Reply

Crisly, I completely agree! Both are challenging, but attainable. Blessings to you!

• Jack May 30, 2018 at 3:35 pm Reply

The idea is great and appreciate you for doing it. I wish you a great luck on it and god bless you.

• AlyndaLong May 30, 2018 at 6:25 pm Reply

Thanks for taking the time read and comment, Jack! Blessings to you!

• Geneva May 31, 2018 at 4:42 pm Reply

Faith without works is dead. I truly believe God leads and guides but he requires us to step up with action.

• AlyndaLong May 31, 2018 at 5:33 pm Reply

Geneva, I could not agree more with you! I don’t believe our salvation is based on anything we do. That is all faith and grace. Yet, if we say we are transformed and have new life then we must do good works for His kingdom and people. Blessings to you! Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment!

• Anne June 3, 2018 at 2:12 pm Reply

Really interesting read

• AlyndaLong June 4, 2018 at 12:09 am Reply

Thank you! Blessings to you:)

• Ayana Aden June 3, 2018 at 3:38 pm Reply

Thanks for the post! “Do the work” spoke to me. Sometimes leaving it all up to God takes the onus off of us to do our part too.

• AlyndaLong June 4, 2018 at 12:09 am Reply

Thanks so much, Ayana! I agree with you. Blessings:)

• Blair villanueva June 4, 2018 at 4:00 am Reply

Thanks for sharing this healthy and spiritual reminders. All are beautiful in nature’s eye, and we should be feel blessed and thankful always.

• AlyndaLong June 4, 2018 at 8:24 am Reply

Blair, thank you for taking the time to read and comment!

• DD's blog June 4, 2018 at 8:10 am Reply

Refreshing and different post. Faith in God is very important in life.

• AlyndaLong June 4, 2018 at 8:22 am Reply

Thanks so much, DD! I appreciate you reading and commenting. Blessings!

• sarbjit singh June 6, 2018 at 10:19 am Reply

This post is very different !!! one should must have faith !!!

• AlyndaLong June 6, 2018 at 10:45 am Reply

Thank you so much for the comment!