God is Still Good

God is Still Good, Alynda Long, alyndalong.com, faith beyond fear

He’s Faithful

I’m no dummy, but I’m rarely the smartest one in the room either. Yet, there are things I’ve learned over the past few years that make me feel like I have it pretty well figured out. From the deaths of those I love to blessings of new friendships and sweet babies, God has remained faithful in my life. The only one in that relationship who wanders is me. Over the past few weeks, I’ve learned to wander less and lean into Him more.

I’m Thankful

When life (or the enemy) throws struggles, pains, frustrations in my path, God is still good and I’m thankful for His gifts.

When amazing things happen to me and those I love, God is still good and I’m thankful for His gifts.

Anyone who has lived on this earth can attest to the challenges facing us day in and day out. It can be a struggle to get out of bed in the morning.

I get it.

Struggles are Real

I’m no stranger to depression, anxiety, suicidal ideation, and all the other ways the enemy tries to break us and separate us from Christ. Yet, these things are all temporary. His word tells us this world is not our home. We are heading somewhere beautiful and pain-free. Somewhere many people I’ve deeply loved have already gone and others I’ve deeply loved have not chosen.

Yet, He is still good.

If you are struggling today, He loves you and wants good for your life. If you are on the mountain top rejoicing over the beautiful bounty in your life, He’s there with you and wants good for your life.

If you are struggling today, God loves you and wants good for your life. #faithbeyondfear #Godisgood Click To Tweet

Our life circumstances NEVER sway Him or His love for us.

Isn’t that amazing?  I’ll never stop marveling over that truth.

Life is hard right now. Things seem to get piled on top of piles of piles of piles, but I choose to rejoice in His goodness.

How about you? How are you doing right now? How may I pray for you and your family?  In Romans 12:15, His word calls us to, “Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.”

In Romans 12:15, His word calls us to, “Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.” Click To Tweet

Romans 12:15, Alynda Long, alyndalong.com

How may I rejoice or weep with you today?

Related Stories

Motherhood Is Hard, but God’s in the Mess!

How to Combat Weariness

Learning to Love My Curls: Seeing Myself as God Sees Me

• Justice Eziefule September 10, 2018 at 3:21 pm Reply

As always, your posts have a way of touching my soul(like you’re talking about me) even when I’ve shut God out. I bless the day I came across your website ma.

I would love if you put my fate in your prayers. This site might just be what’s keeping me a little on track.

• AlyndaLong September 10, 2018 at 4:01 pm Reply

Justice,

I’m so glad to hear from you! You’ve been in my prayers and on my mind quite a bit lately. Praying the Lord lovingly and gently guides you back to Him. He loves you and wants good for you. If you were the only person on this earth, He STILL would have died on that cross. That’s how special YOU are to Him! Isn’t that amazing? Blessings to you, my friend!

• Justice Eziefule September 11, 2018 at 1:10 am Reply

Blessings to you too Alynda, and thank you.

• Chip Mattis September 10, 2018 at 8:05 pm Reply

It’s amazing how a few tragedies have made me a wiser person. I would have paid a king’s ransom to avoid them at the time, but now they’re the reason I am who I am today. I’m so thankful for a faithful God who uses bad things for good. Thanks for sharing, Alynda, and we’re praying that things ease up for you and your family.

• AlyndaLong September 10, 2018 at 9:36 pm Reply

Thank you so much, Chip! Yes, He really does restore the years the locusts ate. yet, we have to walk through those years, don’t we? Blessings to you and your lovely family!

• Marcie Cramsey September 10, 2018 at 8:24 pm Reply

Our sufferings truly teach us to trust Jesus more. We experience his faithfulness over and over. When life hits hard again, we can remember he is good. This rememberence can strengthen us all the more. My faith is much different today than it was 30 years ago. Encouraging post! Thank you!

• AlyndaLong September 10, 2018 at 9:37 pm Reply

Amen, Marcie! I love how you say your faith is much different. Mine is too, my sister! So thankful for the lessons He teaches me and the Grace He extends! Blessings to you and yours!

• Karen Friday September 26, 2018 at 9:14 am Reply

“Our life circumstances NEVER sway Him or His love for us.” Oh, so thankful for this truth, Alynda! Grateful when life is not good, God still is!

• AlyndaLong September 26, 2018 at 10:02 am Reply

Thank you so much, Karen! I am absolutely grateful for that truth too. Blessings to you, my sister!

• Heather Hart September 26, 2018 at 9:15 am Reply

Yes! I have so been there. So thankful that God is always good. That’s something I can cling to when life gets rough.

• AlyndaLong September 26, 2018 at 10:01 am Reply

Thank you for commenting, Heather! Don’t we serve a wonderful God for allowing us to cling to that truth? Blessings to you!

• Lisa Quintana September 26, 2018 at 9:20 am Reply

Hi Alynda! Thanks for your post. I’m currently researching the topic of suffering, and your post is right on. I think, at times, the culture we live in focuses too much on our personal happiness. All. The. Time. That’s not the gospel! The gospel says our sins our forgiven, but it doesn’t say that equates to life being a breeze this side of heaven. While we’re still here, sin does persist around us, and we have to deal with its consequences, even though we’re personally justified before Christ as believers. It’s a good reminder to focus on God’s goodness, even when times get hard. God is good, and His will for us is our ultimate good for eternity, that we’ll live with Him forever. When we keep our eyes on that fact, hardships now are a bit easier to bear. Bless your heart! Lisa Q

• AlyndaLong September 26, 2018 at 10:01 am Reply

Lisa, thank you for taking the time to read and comment. I absolutely agree with you. I am a lay leader in a recovery ministry at our church and the serenity prayer says something like, “May we be reasonably happy in this life…” I find the more I focus on having JOY versus HAPPINESS, the better my days seem to go. Happiness is fleeting and often determined by external forces. Blessings to you!

• mica September 26, 2018 at 11:27 am Reply

How encouraging. Even when we don’t feel it, He is always good.

• AlyndaLong September 26, 2018 at 11:31 am Reply

Thanks so much for your comment, Mica! Yes, He is! Blessings to you!

• Yvonne Morgan September 26, 2018 at 11:51 am Reply

Thank you for this great reminder. Sometimes it seems so hard to keep going because of all we see happening in our society. I am praising God for always being good, even in the hard times.

• AlyndaLong September 26, 2018 at 7:58 pm Reply

Yvonne, I agree! Blessings to you!

• Erin Whitty September 26, 2018 at 2:21 pm Reply

What a blessing we can always come back to that truth – everything can be going haywire, but God is still good. I’ve found that as long as my joy is founded on that, it never wavers because He never changes. Thanks for the reminder, Alynda! 🙂

• AlyndaLong September 26, 2018 at 7:58 pm Reply

Erin, I couldn’t agree more! Keeping my focus on God and His goodness puts everything else into perspective. Blessings to you!

• Mihaela Echols September 26, 2018 at 2:54 pm Reply

I really like how your conclude and yet he is still good. Even in the midst of chaos there is still something to thank him for.

• AlyndaLong September 26, 2018 at 7:57 pm Reply

It is definitely what keeps me going on dark days! Blessings!

• Melissa Henderson September 26, 2018 at 6:23 pm Reply

Rejoicing today that I enjoyed a wonderful, blessed birthday yesterday. As a 13 years breast cancer survivor, each birthday is more celebrated than the previous birthday. 🙂

• AlyndaLong September 26, 2018 at 7:56 pm Reply

What a gift, Melissa! I’m so thankful you’ve celebrated another birthday too! Congratulations!

• Edna Davidsen September 27, 2018 at 11:33 am Reply

Dear Alynda!

I was encouraged by reading this blog post.

Sure, God wants the best for us in our lives. He’s faithful even if we forget Him.

With love!
    Edna Davidsen

• Jennifer King September 27, 2018 at 11:45 am Reply

The world is always changing, but God never does. People are rarely faithful, but God always is. I find comfort in those truths too, Alynda! Great post!

• Nancy E. Head September 27, 2018 at 2:14 pm Reply

God is good all the time. It’s a cliche only because it’s so true. Great reminders here.

• Stephanie Gammon September 27, 2018 at 8:33 pm Reply

Oh yes, I’m the one who wanders. It’s so true. He is faithful. Thank you for the reminder!

• Melinda Viergever Inman September 27, 2018 at 10:37 pm Reply

A beautiful post of God’s faithfulness! Thank you for sharing about God’s nearness in all our growth and trials! Loved this: “If you are on the mountain top rejoicing over the beautiful bounty in your life, He’s there with you and wants good for your life.” This is a true and precious promise!